LEADING convenience retailers, SuperValu and Centra, and public transport provider, Translink, have joined forces to launch the Healthy Lunch Off competition, challenging the whole of Northern Ireland to get creative and come up with a unique, healthy lunch idea that could win them some fantastic prizes.
Launching at the start of summer, the campaign also aims to encourage more people to be active and enjoy the great outdoors by packing a healthy picnic and hopping on board the bus or train to explore some of Northern Ireland’s top attractions and beauty spots.
The winner of the Healthy Lunch-Off competition, supported by SuperValu, Centra and Translink, will take home a cash prize of £500 and have their creation served in SuperValu and Centra delis for the whole country to sample, explained Desi Derby, Marketing Director, Musgrave.
“We already serve an extensive range of healthier food and drinks at our stores. With our Healthy Lunch Off competition, supported by SuperValu, Centra and Translink, we want to inspire young people and adults to think more about the choices they make when thinking about their lunch. Our customers love the convenience and quality that we offer them but we want them to know that we’re passionate about providing healthy food and drink alternatives.
“Part of the proceeds of the Healthy Lunch Off competition, supported by SuperValu, Centra and Translink, winning lunch creation will be donated to our charity partner, Action Cancer”, said Desi.
So what kind of healthy lunch creations do SuperValu, Centra and Translink expect to see from the public?
Desi continued: “We have no idea what the healthy lunch ideas will be but we expect to see salad bowls with a twist, a healthy sandwich or a wrap with a saucy surprise and maybe even a hot bite with a nutritious side – whatever the creation, it has to be unique, it has to be healthy and you have to be able to find the ingredients in Northern Ireland!”
There is nothing better than taking a day trip somewhere in Northern Ireland, said Ursula Henderson, PR Manager, Translink:
“We want to capture the public’s imagination and create some really ‘tasty trips’ by bus or train. Public transport is an active and healthy way to travel and we’ve a wide range of discount tickets available to encourage more people to get outside and explore Northern Ireland this summer.
“The competition is a fun way to get creative, pack the perfect picnic and enjoy a fun and healthy day out. Your entry could even be inspired by your journey and places you visit so we hope our customers enjoy getting their creative juices flowing and joining the Healthy Lunch Off!”
SuperValu and Centra have asked their experienced food ambassadors to be judges; Jane McClenaghan and Sarah Patterson, will bring their considerable experience of healthy food to the competition to decide which entries will make a delicious lunch.
Jane McClenaghan, Centra’s Nutrition Ambassador, said: “This is such an interesting challenge for those who want to eat healthier lunches and I can’t wait to see what wonderful ideas people come up with.”
Sarah Patterson, SuperValu’s Vegetarian Ambassador, said: “I would be so delighted to see some unique vegetarian and vegan inspired lunch ideas, so get your thinking caps on and send us in your ingredients for the Healthy Lunch Off.”
To enter, simply email your Healthy Lunch Off suggestion to, email@example.com, by the closing date which is Friday 13th July.
The prizes from SuperValu, Centra and Translink are £500 in cash for the winner, as well as having their creation available at SuperValu and Centra stores across Northern Ireland for a limited period. Translink travel ticket vouchers will also entitle winners, their family and friends, to free travel by bus and train right across Northern Ireland – perfect for relaxing summer days out.
Terms and conditions
Healthy Lunch-off competition (Competition) Terms and Conditions:
www.supervalu.co.uk apply to this competition.
2. The competition is open to residents of Northern Ireland only, excluding employees of MNI, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. No purchase is necessary.
4. Only one entry per person. Multiple entries made by the same person from various Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts or from the same IP address will not be accepted.
5. Entry is via email, entries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. The competition will end on July 13th 2018, unless otherwise stated. MNI has the right to change the competition dates at any stage during the competition.
7. The winner will be chosen by evaluating the entries submitted and MNI will select what it believes to be the best entries as winners using its sole discretion. MNI will contact the winner(s) through the platform the competition was entered on. Winner must respond with their details (Full Name, Address and Mobile Number within 7 days unless otherwise stated). The winners will have 72 hours to redeem their prize in accordance with the instructions from MNI and upon receiving the letter/phone call they may be required to answer a question of skill and text back the response to redeem their prize. If the winners do not redeem their prize within this time period, MNI reserves the right to pick another winner.
8. In the event that a winner cannot be contacted or does not respond by within 7 days to the winner notification, an alternative winner will be selected from entries.
9. The information you provide to us for this competition will only be used for this promotion and details of the names of the winners will be published on our web sites and will be made available to entrants on request for following the competition. Your personal details will be held for the purpose of the sending you the competition prize and are not held for any other reason and are not shared. However, in the event that you win the competition we may use your name in relation to your entry for advertising purposes and may identify you with any recipe provided. Details of non-winning entries will be held for 3 months and will be permanently deleted after that.
10. You agree that by entering this competition you assign the rights to any recipe other material provided to MNI who may use it in its advertising materials as it sees fit.
11. You also confirm that any recipe or other material provided by you is your own work and is true and accurate and that you have not copied it without authority or and that there is no legal, contractual or other limitation to your submission of such material to us.
12. MNI may use and share your personal information with businesses and suppliers that provide prizes for the Promotion and or with businesses and suppliers of services for the purpose of processing information on our behalf (e.g. printers or IT service providers).
13. There is no cash or other alternative to the stated prize. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. Only one prize per winner per household.
14. Winners will be notified by letter and/or by telephone according to the contact details supplied by the entrant, within 14 days of the closing date of the relevant prize draw.
15. Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to local call charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
16. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions may invalidate an entry and/or result in a forfeit of the prize.
17. MNI does not accept responsibility for entries which are illegal, incomplete or damaged and these entries will not be accepted.
18. MNI reserves the right to terminate, amend, and extend this promotion in wholly exceptional circumstances outside its control.
19. MNI accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury (other than our liability for personal injury or death as a result of its negligence) or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering this competition, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize.
20. These Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Promotion), existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Northern Ireland.
21. The Courts of Northern Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions or their subject matter, existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims).